Monday, February 29, 2016

The Weekly Walk With Me

Oscars Edition


Yes:

  • Michael Strahan
  • Sly Stallone
  • Lady Gaga--that pantsuit ONLY.  Rape or no rape, everything else heaved me.
  • Chris Rock
  • Saoirse Ronan
  • Leo for the win

No: 

  • Common--this pains me.
  • Kevin Hart
  • That not very confident looking ribbon lady during The Weeknd's performance.
  • Cate Blanchett--what in Disney Princess hell?
  • The messy eyebrow trend
  • Quincy Jones' "emotion lotion" comment.--I can't.
  • Leo's speech--I get it.  He's all distinguished and serious like about his craft, with his yachting and supermodeling.  But I really wanted to see some drama here--a Sally Field style "You really like me!" or some uncontrollable crying. But not even a Taylor Swift surprise face.  He just sauntered on up and lectured me about climate change.  His Mom and his Work Boo (Kate Winslet) were the only ones going through things.

I don't understand what's happening:

  • Rooney Mara--Please eat a sandwich.  An open faced one on white bread with mashed potatoes and gravy.  
  • Whoopi Goldberg--I appreciate a lady who understands her best look and sticks with a signature style; but why do you insist on wearing the same Oscar dress year after year?
  • Jared Leto
  • Stacey Dash
  • Olivia Munn--How do you keep getting invited to stuff?  What is it that you do?
  • Dave Grohl--I love you, but what do you have to do with anything?
  • Kate Capshaw--When did you start morphing into Betsey Johnson?


  • That thank you scroll and those little factoid boxes.--First of all, no one knew the rules here.  Everyone still went on thanking everyone when they could've been lecturing me about racism and climate change.  And who could see this?  It was 6 point font at lightening speed.  Also, I wasn't expecting those little factoid boxes.  1) I couldn't really see them well enough to read, and 2) from what I gathered it was stuff all shallow people already know.  I'm gonna go with fail on this.  

And an Honorable Mention:

Sam Smith.  Yes to being Sam Smith.  No to that weird red tint you're going with these days.  Yes to the win.  No-ish to that speech.  Maybe you missed a Slim Fast last night and just weren't thinking clearly, or maybe you've never seen the Oscars ever.  But I can assure you, you are not the first openly gay man to do anything on that stage.  

No comments :

Post a Comment