Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Words May Move But They're Never Moving Fast Enough...



I learned today that #TittyTuesday exists.  I looked it up, and there they were-titties.
Here's the thing: "titties" is one of my least favorite words.  It's so juvenile and so vulgar at the same time.  It puts a knot in my gut and makes my teeth itch. It just conjures up a visual of the type of grown person who would use such a word.  I feel like there's a combination of questionable choices in hygiene and stunted education involved. There's probably Dorito dust under their fingernails, and they drink their chip crumbs from the bag. On the other hand, I am a grown adult who uses "boobs" instead of the word breasts.
Sooo: Titties=Gross.  Boobs=Perfectly acceptable.  Breasts= Doctor's office or University
But "tits" is OK in the proper context.  Like, you wouldn't say, "Fuck my boobs."  The only appropriate word in this context would have to be tits.  Fuck my tits.  See what I did there?
My point is, people are afraid of the wrong words for the wrong reasons.  A person overheard in a crowd throwing F bombs all over the place is appalling, but only because this person is desperate for attention and lacking social grace. It's silly and stand up comedian. It's sad. This person's words aren't that offensive because they aren't really saying anything. However, try throwing the word "fucking" (with a hard  I N G in the calmest voice possible without losing eye contact) into a sentence and suddenly you are the most terrifying adversary ever.  As a woman, words like pussy and cunt don't bother me at all.  In fact, they are two of my favorites- but I really only ever use them as insults, never to describe actual body parts. Because that would just be gratuitous. And you know, sometimes we really are just cunts, or gash, or snatch.
The problem I find with words like this though, is that people think that calling a woman a cunt is the be all end all of insults.  Everyone throws the word cunt around-ask anyone in Europe-but calling someone, for instance, a "vaginal blood fart"-now that takes a certain amount of confidence and panache. It also takes a pretty steely resolve to say it with a straight face.  At this point whoever is on the receiving end of this lashing knows you mean business and they will walk away from a battle of words with you.
And that's when the real blow to the ego starts to sink in.  Because when you call someone "slack jawed" they have to stop and think about what you've just said to them.  The word bitch is heard and is immediately processed and accepted as anger or disapproval, and then there's nothing else to think about.  The ego/brain knows this as, "Ooo. Lady. Mad."  But calling someone slack jawed-especially a slack jawed person-will have them reliving the words and the moment over and over again until they finally understand what you mean, which is "I'm smarter than you, you backward, corn fed fuck, and my disdain for the fact you and I as human beings have the same basic needs makes me want to choke on my own vomit until I'm dead."  This person now knows that they are ruining the lives of everyone around them.
And that should always be the goal with the type of person who uses the term "titties".
So on this #TittyTuesday, maybe you'd like to play around with your words instead of your Dorito dusted dicks.
P.S. Glory Hole is taken. Now... go!

No comments :

Post a Comment