Thursday, March 19, 2015

#TBT


Before we get into the analysis- this picture was taken in 1984. On the first day of second grade. I may have mentioned-or you may have gathered- that I was always a few years ahead of my time when it came to certain things and this, my friends, is definitive proof.
How is it that at the age of seven I somehow knew this would be the go to pose for millions of overly confident camera fuckers in the 21st century?  
How could I possibly know these analogous colors would work together for a fashion risk that would totally wow at recess?
The chic blunt bangs, the edgy saddle shoe and striped crew sock combo--did Bill Cunningham take this picture??!!
I actually still wear socks like this sometimes and had a Marc Jacobs shirt with this identical cut just a few years back when he was going through his pilgrim thing. Nothing much has changed in 30 years-I grew boobs and earned some battle scars, my nose has been tweaked and I did get that missing tooth back-but I'm still a 'pretty fearless even on the first day of second grade' kinda chick most of the time.
You're welcome.
And to my blonde friend, wherever you may be, I started to crop you out of the picture but that flowing side pony is everything...

No comments :

Post a Comment