Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Weekly Walk With Me

Like millions of east coast 'Mericans, I hunkered down for Blizzard 2016/ Winter Storm Jonas this weekend--or as my BFF put it  "Jonas spreads his love."  In my neck of the woods there were "phases" that went from 'this is fun' to 'get me the fuck out of here'--probably not unlike spending a weekend with an actual Jonas.





5 Things that Kept Me Warm in The Storm


1. Double-fisting these cocktails.



2. This book.


3. All this food I whipped up. And there was a lot of it. I'm not a 'take a picture of this sloppy mess and post it on Instagram like it looks delicious' person, so I only started taking pictures after I realized this could be blog fodder.
Roasted Vegetable Chili--a little sweet because, roasted; a little spicy because, red pepper flakes. 

Allspice Oat Bran with Dark Cherry Compote--yep, I made bran fancy.

Shakshuka--Jew food.
4. This spoiled cat who ruins my life on a daily basis but is too effin' cute to put in the microwave.

5.  This ridiculous candle that made my house smell like only the good parts of an Aunt Sarah's.

No comments :

Post a Comment