Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Bette Davis Is Probably Lying...

With everyone wrapping up the year with "Best Of" lists, 2015 is going down as the year models fought back against body shaming, Bill Cosby took that Spanish fly routine to a whole new level of batshit, and transgender mania.  But for my readers, 2015 is the year White Girl Walkin saw Star Wars.  And a week ago today I was surrounded by Millennium Falcon t-shirts and the kind of people who actually buy the commemorative popcorn tin.  I am way overdue for my review/synopsis.   Now I know better than to spoil a new Star Wars film, so I'm going vague here.  Just the tip...

This film doesn't stray too far from the originals in style or story.  There were a lot of 40 somethings clapping and whooping and carryin' on--especially the skinny bitch beside me.  I've never seen someone so small use up so much space.  Anyway, I think the fact that things didn't get too crazy flashy modern was appreciated.  Now for the highlights.

There is of course a sexual tension, will they/won't they situation.  Only this time I don't think there is a chance of creepy blood relation getting in the way since one of them is white and British,  and the other one is black and talks American.--Speaking of this, space in 2015 is really diverse.  There are British people and Irish people and brown people and yellow people and lots of angry, pinched little gays.  There's even this sloppy vagina faced guy:


But is it necessary that the black guy still has to be a garbage man? C'mon with this.

Storm Troopers.  They're not going anywhere.  I've heard more than one person say that Storm Troopers are Nazi-ish.  I never quite saw that.  Well it's made pretty clear this time around, and as someone who's seen a real-life Dachau tattoo, I'm gonna need that to be taken down just a smidge.--While we're on Storm Troopers, is it me or do they have like the worst armor in the world?  No Storm Trooper that gets shot ever keeps going or lives.  They are walking around with giant iPhone cases as protective war gear. Luke Skywalker got a brand new hand within 10 minutes in like 1980,  how are these uniforms not better?  Can we get them some Otter Boxes at least?

The bad guys do really, really bad stuff.  Oh, and the new wanna be Darth Vader is like if Vinnie Barbarino was a school shooter.  Only I've seen that guy in an episode of Girls, so I'm not afraid of him.

The good guys do good stuff, some Top Gun stuff happens, and there will clearly be a sequel.

Stay tuned...




No comments :

Post a Comment