Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tearing off tights with my teeth...

I lie upside down on the sofa, I change bandages, I analyze my toenail polish. I eat antacids.  I make mix tapes.  I think about how only privileged white men use the term "ass-hat".  I chew my cuticles. I play solitaire. I tweet, I follow.  I let this cat on my lap attempt to hypnotize me with her purring and drowsy green eyes.  I think about what I'd like to write--who I'd like to insult, the fucks I've had, other people's secrets I'd like to spill.  But I remember I'm not so anonymous. And I realize that I am held back.  I make a note to change that. I eat dark chocolate.  I decide that Violator is Depeche Mode's best record.  I stress about starting a new job on Monday.  I debate how conservative my heels should be. I think about Burt and his bees. I watch the clock. I use the dog as an ottoman. I think about the man I saw fishing--with a pole. and a bobber.--in the man made pond at the Mexican restaurant on Friday night.  I itch.  I think about masturbating, but that's such a cliche.  I wonder if I should change my signature scent.  I have to go to the grocery store.   I have to iron shirts. There is yard work to be done.  I wonder if the Elvis on the license plate across the street refers to Presley, or Costello, or some Latino in a denim shirt somewhere. I get sucked in to online slideshows.
But I don't sleep.

No comments :

Post a Comment