Friday, July 1, 2016

40 Acts I Should Be Ashamed Of Myself For Loving

And I Don't Even Care If We Can't be Friends

In no particular order...



1. Matisyahu
2. Anne Murray
3. Diana Ross--the disco records
4. Miley Cyrus
5. Teena Marie
6. They Might Be Giants
7. Marc Anthony
8. Fantasia
9. Kim Wilde
10. DeBarge
11. Something Corporate
12. Ricky Martin
13. T-Rex
14. Suzi Quatro
15. Divinyls
16. Hot Hot Heat
17. Cher Lloyd
18. Sylvia--the singer, not the band
19. The Struts
20. Richard Marx
21. Pantera
22. Plastic Ono Band
23. Muse--This seems like a weird choice for this list, but a lot of self-important music snobs turn their noses up at these guys.
24. Kings of Leon--see above
25. Gerry Rafferty
26. Tyler the Creator
27. Don Johnson--No word of a lie, Don Johnson released a record in 1986.  It was called Heartbeat.  I was 9, so clearly I had to have it. My Dad (who years later bought me a 2 Live Crew cassette) refused to get it for me out of principle, because it was just too ridiculous.  So my grandmother did--she never could say no to a man on a record. Some pretty serious musicians contributed to it, so I stand by my 9 year old music choices.
28. Lady Antebellum
29. The Alan Parsons Project
30. Marilyn Manson
31. Fall Out Boy
32. Poison--'Look What the Cat Dragged In' era. I would make out with every one of those 80s ladies.
33. Rick Astley
34. Charlie XCX
35. Ke$ha--specifically the trashy mess dollar sign version.  I can't get behind the grown up.
36. Bob Seger
37. One Direction
38. Glass Animals--This band is actually on the cool kid list, but if you listen closely, they're really just White Town.  And that is quite embarrassing.
39. Carly Rae Jepsen
40. KISS

No comments :

Post a Comment